Crusher Stone Suppliers in the Vaal Triangle
If you are looking for suppliers of crusher stone in the Vaal Triangle (Vanderbijlpark, Sasolburg and Vereeniging), Klipkor can assist. Klipkor is a leading supplier of building material in the area, providing clients with all the crusher stone, sand, bricks and cement they need. See our full range of building products available on our website, or contact us for more information today.
Many building companies in the Vaal have partnered with Klipkor, relying on us to supply them with their building material. We provide exceptional standards of service and top quality building material, at very cost-effective prices. This makes us a trusted crusher stone supplier in the Vaal Triangle.
Contact Klipkor today to enquire about the stone products you need, and to get a competitive quote.
What is Crusher Stone? Characteristics and Uses
Crusher stone is a type of construction aggregate, which is usually produced by mining a suitable rock deposit and breaking the removed rock down to the desired size by means of a crusher. Crusher stone differs from gravel; gravel is naturally produced through weathering and erosion (giving it a more rounded shape), whereas crusher stone is produced with man-made processes.
Crusher stone is an essential basic raw material in the construction industry, and is used in a variety of applications. Crusher stone applications include:
- · Construction of macadam roads: Macadam is a type of road construction that involves layers of single sizes crusher stone placed in lifts, and compacted thoroughly.
- · Driveways, pathways and walkways: Crusher stone is a popular material for driveways, pathways and walkways. It is durable, attractive, and extremely affordable (when compared to other driveway materials), making it an appealing choice for homeowners.
- · Base material: One of the main uses of crusher stone, is as a base material in construction. Crusher stone aids in the structural integrity when applied as a base layer in pathways, roads and concrete, before the surface layer is applied.
- · Drainage: Crushed stone is an important material used for drainage purposes, and is used as a base layer to French drains and other residential and commercial drainage systems.
- · Railroad ballast: Crusher stone is commonly used for railroad ballast, which forms the track-bed upon which the railroad wooden ties are laid. It is packed between, below, and around the ties.